Buy Marijuana Seeds In New York
Buy Cannabis Seeds In New York
Want another reason to love the Empire State?- Being able to buy marijuana seeds in New York.
You got that right; from the time cannabis was made legal in New York, residents can now plant marijuana seeds in the comfort of their homes.
There is a rich palette of cannabis seeds to choose from; autoflower seeds in New York, feminized seeds in New York.
This guide shares how you can buy cannabis seeds in New York, the legal framework governing marijuana use, and the best marijuana strains in New York.
Buy Marijuana Seeds In New York
Is marijuana legal in New York?
Marijuana has been decriminalized in the state of New York.
This means you won’t be arrested for possession and using marijuana for both medical and recreational use as long as it’s within the law.
For long attempts to legalize marijuana for recreational use failed.
The empire state finally embraced the bill (Senate Bill S854A) in March 2021.
This bill has since brought many changes to the laws governing marijuana use in New York.
After a long period of incarcerations on the cases of marijuana, many will now be released following this bill.
To see how this is possible, read the laws stated below.
Cannabis laws in New York
Who can buy and use marijuana in New York?
Senate Bill S854A summary;
- The bill allows the possession of up to three ounces of marijuana and allows each person to grow up to three mature marijuana plants with a cap of six mature plants per household. The legalization of possession and home-grow goes into effect immediately.
- The bill establishes the Office of Cannabis Management to license and regulate recreational marijuana retail and distribution. The new office will also take over the regulation of medical marijuana sales. The office will be run by a board consisting of three members appointed by the governor, one member appointed by the Assembly, and one appointed by the Senate. The bill does not establish a specific date by which legalized recreational marijuana sales would begin, but state officials estimated it would be between 18 months and two years. The bill also establishes an advisory board for the office.
- The bill will create expungement and resentencing processes for anyone convicted on a charge that is no longer a crime under the new law. It would also allow for the expungement of certain convictions that occurred before the state’s 2019 decriminalization law but for which sentences were reduced or removed by decriminalization.
- The bill provides for a 13% excise tax on retail marijuana sales. It also enacts a tax ranging from $0.03 to $0.08 per milligram of THC for wholesale to dispensaries. Gov. Cuomo’s office estimated revenue of $350 million annually. Income above what is required for administration and enforcement would be allocated to the Community Grants Reinvestment Fund, general education through the State Lottery Fund, the Drug Treatment and Public Education Fund, and local municipal and county governments.
- The bill allows cities, towns, and villages to pass local laws prohibiting certain retail establishments and regulating certain aspects of the operation of retail establishments. The bill also contains a process for local voters to overturn local legislation banning recreational marijuana retail.
How about medical marijuana?
New York first legalized medical marijuana in 2014, and under this bill, several changes were made aiming to reduce restrictiveness.
The list of medical conditions covered significantly widened, including Alzheimer’s disease and muscular dystrophy. In addition, patients were no longer restricted from smoking medical marijuana, and the 30-day cap on supply for patients was doubled.
Under certain circumstances, medical marijuana companies were allowed to enter the more lucrative recreational market, a measure they aggressively lobbied.
It remains illegal to drive under the influence of marijuana, just as it’s illegal to drive while intoxicated by alcohol.
An officer can use the smell of burned cannabis as a reason to suspect that a driver is under the influence. Still, they are only allowed to search parts of the car that are readily accessible to the driver, not the trunk.
Unlike with alcohol, there is currently no easy way to quickly and reliably measure whether a person is under the influence of cannabis, especially since traces of the drug can stay in someone’s system after the high has worn off.
Under the new law, the Health Department is required to look at emerging devices that could potentially allow officers to use a saliva test to detect whether a driver is high.
Best Cannabis Strains in New York
Growing Marijuana In New York
Growing pot is a craft that becomes easier over time with dedication.
If you are new to growing, here is information that can help with your cannabis growing goals.
Differences between Indoor Vs. Outdoor Weed Growing in New York
New York has sweltering and humid summers and insufferable winters filled with snow. This climate is humid continental.
This means that cannabis growers in New York have a limited window to plant their seeds if they are considering growing pot outdoors.
If you want to avoid frost while planting marijuana seeds in New York, start in April; otherwise, May is the prime time to sprout cannabis seeds.
This is not the same case with indoor growers; they can sprout cannabis seeds any time of the year.
If you think of planting outdoors, you should time harvests by the end of September.
Indoor grow rooms
Indoor grow rooms are the most used grow system in the United States for cannabis seeds.
They are plant-friendly; the temperature and humidity levels are regulated with a heating system and humidifier to suit the cannabis plants.
You can also control the water uptake of the plants so that it is just the correct quantity and PH.
If there is a sudden drop in temperature, your plants indoors will be safe, and the plants will thrive.
Unlike the outdoors, the indoor grow rooms can be filtered to get rid of the dank odor of cannabis. By this, you’ll be doing your neighbors a favor.
A grow tent can also reduce odors and control light exposure to cannabis plants.
Fencing your outdoor cannabis plants with tall structures and hedging the weed garden with tomatoes is another way to conceal your marijuana plants.
Popular weed strains in New York
From what you’ve seen so far, few strains of marijuana can survive New York’s weather.
However, the indoor option can give a New Yorker a wide variety of strains to pick from.
All you have to do is choose the strain that can grow well in your area, has good resistance to molds, and reaches harvest quickly.
Autoflowering seeds in New York
If you are looking to grow your marijuana outdoors in the changing weather of New York, auto-flowers are the best strain for that.
They are also perfect for beginners and busy growers.
These indoor or outdoor plants are very favorable; this doesn’t go for all the autos, but there is a wide range to choose from.
Advantages of growing auto flower seeds
- They adapt well in the face of mishandling for beginners, pests, diseases, and variations in temperatures; hence they require low maintenance
- They are agreeable with those limited by space as they can thrive in enclosed spaces.
- They are fast growers.
- They are money savers as they require fewer nutrients.
- Their genetics accept cross-breeding, that is with Skunk, OG Kush, and Haze genetics.
- It is not necessary to constantly water them because they have a smaller root system. They prefer water with a P.H. of 6-7.
- Besides the above, auto flowers require temperatures of 21 degrees, 50 to 60 percent humidity during the vegetative state, and 40 percent during flowering.
Top autoflower cannabis seeds in New York
Feminized Cannabis seed strains in New York
Growers intending to harvest strictly female plants, feminized seeds will do that for you.
There is no frustration of having to separate males from the batch after a harvest. It will just be female buds all the way.
Feminized seed strains have high levels of THC, matchless terpene profiles, and yields.
Advantages of feminized cannabis seeds
- In comparison to males, they have a high amount of cannabinoids, and many at time bred for the utmost potency and aroma
- The seeds are 99.9% feminized; therefore, plants usually grow into females
- It is inessential to examine the plants for the sex, so there is no need to toss out male plants
- Typically feminized strains are photoperiod strains that are specifically reliant on light.
Top feminized Marijuana seeds in New York
Indica weed seeds in New York
Indicas are majorly used in the medical field to help patients who need marijuana to sleep or deal with pain.
This type of strain is recommended for use only in the evening or for those who have few activities in the day.
Buy Indica Seeds in New York
Sativas, just like indicas are used for medicinal purposes, but they provide different effects.
Sativas are used in therapy for patients with mood disorders and chronic fatigue.
This strain has reputable results for patients who have issues with social interaction. In addition, there are tremendous changes once it is administered.
Sativa is also known to get individuals super high, and this high creates a sense of excitement, creativity, energy, more focus, and motivation.
Where to buy Marijuana Seeds in New York
You can buy marijuana seeds in New York online from The Seed Connect.
Our seed bank has hundreds of cannabis strains, a lot more than what your local seed bank has in stock.
We guarantee that our seeds will germinate; we’ll replace every seed that doesn’t germinate.
We sell seeds from our shop in Tempe, Arizona, and ship to the following New York Counties within 2-5 working days.
Issues to Consider When Growing Marijuana Seeds in New York
Next, let’s get into the issues you may face while growing cannabis seeds in New York.
These issues affect all cannabis growers regardless of whether you are a beginner or a pro.
These include; law enforcement, thieves, harsh weather, pests, and diseases.
Below are the ways to avoid such circumstances.
Unquestionably, New York has embraced the use and possession of marijuana but doesn’t get too comfortable and misuse the little freedom given.
That is to say, the number of plants in your grow area must not exceed six immature plants and three mature plants.
Beyond that— it is punishable by the law.
You may be in luck and never get caught, but don’t go around sharing this information.
There are always those who won’t mind seeing you in handcuffs.
As I mentioned before, ‘the state with a city that doesn’t sleep” also harbors thieves that stay awake.
Wherever your cannabis garden is stationed, if not secure enough, thieves may visit it.
It is advisable for indoor grow rooms to install a unique alarm system, either video surveillance or motion detection alarms, to deter thieves.
For outdoor growers, use a backyard grow house or install high fences, and motion-detecting floodlights.
It is also best to keep your cannabis growing down low as you don’t know who is willing to steal your hard work.
New York is no stranger to bad weather, especially during the winter.
It has gone through hurricanes, snowpocalypses but it still stands.
And when there is rain, the subways fill up with water.
Therefore, if you are an outdoor grower, get ready to work against mother nature for the cannabis garden, as it is full of surprises throughout the year.
There are also outrageous thunderstorms during the summer, so the best strain that can take you through these weather changes is auto-flowering seeds as an outdoor grower.
As far as indoor growing goes, it only requires steady power, and you are good to grow.
Pests and Diseases
The New York summer is very humid with an average temperature of 72 degrees, perfect for bud rot and pesky bugs to breed.
When ordering for seed strains by those that are pest and disease resistant. By doing so, you are reducing the risk of your plants getting devoured.
During the vegetative phase of your cannabis, it is advised to apply organic pesticides of fungicides 2-3 times. This protects your plants from potential outbreaks.
Buy wholesale marijuana seeds at discounted prices from The Seed Connect.
Our seed catalog contains thousands of cannabis strains to satisfy your needs and preferences.
We have Auto flowers, Feminized and Regular marijuana seeds sold in bulk.
Every cannabis seed strain is available and comes in multiples of 100 seeds.
Our prices are tailored so that the more you order the bigger your discount.
50-100 Seeds – 10% discount
100-500 seeds – you get a 20% discount
500+ seeds – you get a 30% discount.
Regular Wholesale Marijuana Seeds
Our regular marijuana seeds are as natural as Mother Nature intended them to be. They come in both female and male at the lowest prices.
Feminized Wholesale Marijuana Seeds
Want only feminized wholesale marijuana seeds? We’ve got the best strains that are guaranteed to flower and deliver a good yield.
Auto-Flowering Wholesale Marijuana Seeds
Our Auto Flowering Wholesale Marijuana Seeds are proven to have a higher germination rate and deliver the perfect yield.